The Game Zone is an interactive space with individual skills stations, and an online game-based platform. Delegates are invited to use the stations to assess their knowledge around eight key areas of respiratory medicine. The skills stations are facilitated by trained ERS Early Career members.
The online activities will prompt delegates to answer case and vignette-based multiple-choice questions covering the clinical spectrum; looking at the diagnosis, treatment and management of major respiratory diseases. In addition, there will be some practical assessment areas available.
The Game Zone was launched at last year's ERS Congress in Paris and has since been awarded with the accolade of Association Project of the Year at the Associations World Congress.
What topics will the Game Zone cover?
- Airway diseases
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Paediatric respiratory diseases
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Respiratory critical care
- Respiratory infections
- Sleep and breathing disorders
- Thoracic oncology
What practical or 'simulation' options will be available?
- Chest drain placement
- Endobronchial valve placement
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Thoracic ultrasound
- Tracheal intubation
Where will the Game Zone be located?
The Game Zone will be located in Hall C. Its location will be clearly noted on the congress map you will receive when you collect your badge.
When will the Game Zone be open?
Opening hours are: 09:00-17:00, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Can I just turn up and use the Game Zone?
Yes, when the Game Zone is open you are free to use any station that is available. No pre-booking is necessary. Feel free to come and give it a try between sessions.
AND.... There are prizes up for grabs!
There will be a number of prizes available for participants to win including:
- An Apple iPad Pro for the winner (highest scorer) of the Super Pulmo challenge;
- Free registrations for educational sessions at the Congress, including: meet the expert, professional development workshops and skills workshops;
- Plus more giveaways for players of the Super Pulmo challenge, with speakers, headphones, smartphone holders, laser pens and stickers up for grabs!