ERS Task Forces are made up of experts in a specific field of respiratory medicine. Together they address issues related to that topic in detail in order produce official ERS clinical practice guidelines, statements and technical standards.
This year's Congress offers an opportunity for respiratory professionals to attend a number of sessions which highlight Task Force developments and updates – including those relating to the new official ATS/ERS clinical practice guidelines on Diagnosis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
If you are interested in learning more about the latest updates from our Task Forces, join us at the one or more of the activities listed below:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis: new guidelines; Monday 17 September from 14:45-16:45, Room 7.1A
ERS Statements and Technical Standards:
- "Optimizing experimental research in respiratory diseases: an ERS Statement"
This presentation will take place in the session Organoids and pluripotent stem cells on Sunday 16 September from 08:30 to 09:30, in room 7.3Z2.
- "2018 ERS-EACTS statement on malignant pleural effusions"
This presentation will take place in the session Malignant pleural effusions, on Tuesday 18 September from 14:45 to 16:45, in room 7.3K.
- "ERS statement on harmonised standards for lung cancer registration and lung cancer services in Europe"
This presentation will take place in the State-of-the-art session Thoracic oncology, on Monday 17 September from 08:30 to 10:30, in room 7.3N.
- "Respiratory health in migrant and refugee populations"
This presentation will take place in the session New challenges in tackling known diseases with the 10 ERS Principles for Lung Health, on Tuesday 18 September from 10:45 to 12:45, in room 7.3K.
- "The ERS/ECDC updated European Union standards of tuberculosis care"
This presentation will take place in the session Important changes in the management of tuberculosis, on Wednesday 19 September from 10:45 to 12:45, in room 7.1A.
Are you interested in submitting an ERS Task Force proposal?
All ERS members are eligible to apply for funding to set up a Task Force aiming to develop clinical practice guidelines, statements or technical standard assessments. We offer a number of opportunities throughout the year to apply for funding. Check our Task Forces webpage for more information about upcoming deadlines.