Professional development workshops aim to provide participants with practical tips and guidelines on selected topics and procedures. Leading specialists in the field will provide a step-by-step guide on how participants can use new skills and knowledge and apply them in a practical setting.
The maximum number of participants is 50 per session. Please find the programme below.
This year, in addition to the workshops, professional development topics will also be covered as part of a number of other sessions. Topics will include delivering bad news, supporting patients with behavior change strategies, providing effective feedback and much more.
Registration for these courses is additional to the congress registration fee.
- SATURDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER
- 08:30-12:30 PDW 1 Teaching, learning and assessments: key principles more information
- 13.30-16:35 PDW 2 Spirometry training programme: become a programme organiser more information
- SUNDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER
- 08:30-11:30 PDW 3 Leading and managing change more information
- 11:45-14:15 PDW 4 Medical writing more information
- 14:30-16:30 PDW 5 End of life care for the elderly asthmatic and COPD patients more information
- MONDAY, 30 SEPTEMBER
- 08:00-10:00 PDW 6 How to deal with difficult employees and co-workers more information
- 10:15-13:15 PDW 7 Supporting patients with behaviour change strategies more information
- 14:00-16:00 PDW 8 Teamability: become an effective team leader and member more information
- TUESDAY, 01 October
- 08:00-11:00 PDW 9 Burning up while burning out: compassion fatigue awareness and burnout prevention for practitioners more information
- 11:15-13:00 PDW 11 Delivering bad news as a multidisciplinary team more information
- 14:00-16:00 PDW 12 Ethical issue in clinical respiratory research: where to draw the line? more information