ERS has a significant percentage of members in the early stages of their career and a great number of ERS activities and opportunities are developed with our early career members (ECM) in mind. This group is also represented throughout ERS by the Early Career Member Committee, chaired by Dr Lieuwe Bos.
The ERS International Congress 2019 maintains our commitment to professionals in the earlier stages of their career – offering training, networking opportunities and career development guidance, alongside the scientific sessions on offer.
If you are joining us for the ERS International Congress in Madrid, we recommend you joining the following activities and sessions:
- Take a look at the educational programme on offer at this year's Congress – with practical and theoretical learning options to improve skills and knowledge using a wide variety of mediums.
- Explore the activities and sessions of this year's Congress with particular benefit to early career members; such as the new interactive session 'Lungs on Fire' which asks the audience to be involved in the diagnosis of clinical cases – testing themselves against a panel of experts, and the all new 'Game Zone', which allows delegates to test their knowledge on a wide variety of topics covering major respiratory diseases using standalone gaming booths.
- Also, don't miss 'Early Career Member: Effective communication of scientific findings' or the 'ERS Young Scientists and Fellows of ERS Networking evening'.
- TUESDAY, 1 OCTOBER
- 14:45-16:45 Effective communication of scientific findings More information
- 17:00-18:30 ERS Young Scientists networking evening and FERS More information
Join the Game Zone at any point and meet with the Early Career Members Committee representatives! View map