Late-breaking abstracts can be submitted from 1-31 May 2016. More information.
Login to myERS, select "abstract" tab and submit your abstract.
The ERS International Congress is a key event in the respiratory calendar. Presenting at the Congress will help you gain international recognition for your work and boost your profile among the world's leading respiratory experts.
How to submit
- Abstracts can be submitted on 'my ers'.
- The deadline for late-breaking abstracts is 31 May 2016 (NO EXTENSION)
- To submit a Late-Breaking abstract a submission fee of 75€ (this has no impact for the acceptance or not of your abstract)
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract by the end of May 2016. Notification of acceptance for late-breaking abstracts will be done in July 2016.
Information and guidelines for abstract submission
- General abstract submission is free of charge. However, please note that there is a fee of €75 for submission of late-breaking abstracts.
- The data in the abstract must not have been published before the ERS International Congress.
- All submitted abstracts will be forwarded to the ERS International Congress Programme Committee for their consideration.
- The acceptance rate for the general round of submission is below 80% for the late-breaking abstract the acceptance is usually of 50% or less.
- Access the full guidelines for LBA (PDF)
All submitted abstracts are reviewed anonymously based on scientific strength, methodology and the data provided, in addition to the novelty and originality of the findings.
Make sure your abstract is finalised as it cannot be modified once it has been submitted. ERS suggests that you ask your peers to proofread it to ensure there are no errors. A good abstract is not only based on its content, the message also needs to be clear and well communicated.
Instructions for the online submission and guide on "How to write an abstract"
We are also offering an online educational course to provide expert advice to young researchers preparing abstracts and presentations for the ERS International Congress or any other scientific conference. Find out more and register for the 'Prepare your Congress Contribution' course.
The best abstracts are accepted for the Free Communication sessions and will be presented as oral presentations, thematic posters and poster Discussions.
When submitting an abstract you can also apply for an abstract grant and ERS Sponsorship: