Green Stand Award
As lung health depends on the quality of the air we breathe, it is our duty as the European Respiratory Society to reduce our environmental footprint as much as possible and to inspire more sustainable behaviour among Congress sponsors and participants.
Since the 2014 ERS Congress, held in Munich, ERS has implemented measures to minimise its environmental impact and has reduced its consumption by:
- 13 tons of cotton: by stopping the production of Congress bags
- 168 tons of paper: by replacing printed Congress Guide with digital version and by stopping bag inserts
- 276 million liters of water: drinking water for 800'000 people in 1 year
- 282 tons of CO2 emissions: energy use of an household for 24 years
We would like to give our sponsors the opportunity to show their environmental commitment by rewarding the most eco-friendly stand at ERS 2018 in Paris.
- Please fill in the APPLICATION FORM
- Green Congress Guidebook for Exhibitors
- Only constructed stands can participate.
- Participants will be separated in 3 categories, depending on stand size.
- Deadline to apply: July 30, 2018
- Enhanced company profile in ERS 2019 Congress app.
- Feature on the Green Congress section of the ERS website.
Participants will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Stand structure: type, amount and transport of materials used.
- Waste management during stand's building-up and dismantling.